Saturday, February 19, 2022

Turbulent times

 I haven't written a lot lately, mostly because it's been a very turbulent time in December and January. On Dec 22 my dog Eddie got very sick. He started throwing up and was just lying, not eating and so. I knew something was very off when he didn't want to eat. His stomach was extremely swollen as well. I called the vet in the morning and we could come in. This was when it was a very hard time at work with nothing but problems and also in the middle of all stress to trying to get the house ready to be able to live in it and at the same time having to pack all my stuff. So when the vet told me that Eddie was very very sick, he had liver failure and his stomach was full of fluid, and that I should be prepared for the worst and most likely would have to say goodbye to him, I broke down. I broke down at work and cried when the problems continued there and I cried most of the time I was trying to get everything else done. I have never been so close to a proper breakdown as I was then. The vet prescribed a diuretic to get the fluids out and special food for dogs with liver problems but he didn't sound very optimistic. I started Googling and found supplement tablets that had helped other dogs with liver problems. They are very expensive but I got them for him. I started with all this and after a couple of days I could see that he was being happier. After a week I could see his stomach being smaller. He was again playing with my other dog.At the end of January new blood tests revealed that two of three tests were again normal and the third was just above that. They had been sky high. A couple of weeks after that it calmed down at work and I had managed to settle a bit in the house where I moved right in the smack middle of all this. Now it finally feels like I have had time to breathe. I have so much to do here in the house but somehow I know it will be done but I am not going to stress about it and make myself sick. I will try to update here a little more. Not that anyone cares lol. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Med reservation för egna åsikter om ingen annan källa anges!